The Job Retention Bonus of £1,000 can be claimed by employers between 15 February 2021 and 31 March 2021. An employer can claim this one-off taxable amount for each employee providing that:
- they were furloughed, and are still on the payroll on 31 January 2021
- you have received grant money for them from the job retention scheme
- their average pay between November 2020 and January 2021 is at least £1,560 and they received pay each month
Money claimed through this bonus does not have to be paid to the employees.
The Government guidance will be updated by the end of January 2021. To prepare you can:
- ensure that you are enrolled for PAYE online and that you file PAYE accurately and on time under Real Time Information reporting
- keep your payroll up to date
- comply with any HMRC requests to provide data concerning CJRS claims.
To find out more please see the Government’s guidance or contact us. You can also see examples of employees who are eligible for the bonus.